Our nutrition clinic in Vaudreuil offers services of nutritionist-dietitians. They withold a scientific university degree with internships in hospitals and community settings and food services. In Quebec, the nutritionist-dietitian must be a member of the Professional Order of Dietitians of Quebec to practice in a nutrition clinic.
The role of the nutritionist-dietitian is to help in planning a balanced diet to help maintain or improve health. The services of our nutrition clinic are individualized and for all ages.
Our nutrition clinic can help:
- Anyone with allergies or food intolerances, who follows a vegetarian diet, with weight control, with an eating disorder, with the managing of a diet related disease or illness (dyslipidemia, diabetes, anemia, hypertension, etc.), digestive disorders (heartburn, malabsorption, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, constipation), oropharyngeal disorders and inflammatory disorders;
- The pregnant woman or the breastfeeding woman to feed herself properly in order to provide the energy and nutrients necessary to ensure optimal nutritional status in the mother and optimal development of her child; prevent or manage gestational diabetes, and manage weight control;
- Parents with the introduction of foods in infants since some organs, including those of the digestive system are not fully developed; in other words to help choose foods that will provide adequate intakes for normal growth and development in the first year of life and the foods to avoid, for example, to prevent slowing down brain development, developmental delays or anemia
- In children and adolescents to help choose foods that will provide the energy and nutrients needed for maintaining health and optimal growth, especially among young people with a particular condition such as thinness, obesity, eating disorder,etc. It may also help promote the development of healthy eating habits of the athlete or vegetarian.
- To plan a diet designed to maintain or improve the nutritional status and nutritional independence of the elderly, taking into account their particular problems and needs; choosing foods and liquids with textures and consistencies that are compatible with the chewing and swallowing abilities of the elderly
- Athletes to improve their performance by developing a balanced diet plan including sufficient energy intake, good hydration and a good balance of nutrients (to avoid food deficiencies that can cause anemia, cramps, fatigue, etc.)
- Travelers by advising them of safe food choices.
Therefore, do not hesitate to consult the dietitian at our nutrition clinic in Vaudreuil. It may certainly help you improve your health with a balanced diet or advise you in adopting healthy eating habits.