Sleep, eat, work… sleep, eat, work; sounds familiar? Sedentary adults represent a large part of the population. Unfortunately, many do not find the time to get a regular work-out for many reasons: lack of time, lack of motivation or even pain that stops them from moving, etc.
Physical inactivity has a negative impact on the global health of the individual. Obesity, joint, muscle or nerve problems, cardio-vascular diseases and depression are only some examples of the direct impact of lack of physical activity. Chiropractic can be your ally on your journey to health. Whether it be by giving you back the power to practice activities you love by getting rid of your symptoms, or by teaching you how to be active without injury or by helping you find the motivation and giving you the necessary support to attain your health objectives, your chiropractor can help! Still not motivated enough to make important lifestyle changes? At least, chiropractic care can enhance your quality of life, even if getting a chiropractic adjustment is the only change you make in your life!
What stressors are part of the reality of sedentary adults?
- Unhealthy postural habits (in the car, in front of the computer or the television, etc.)
- Physical inactivity – generalized muscle weakness
- Poor nutrition
- Emotional stress related to professional performance, family obligations, etc.
- Smoking, drug or alcohol consumption
Why do most adults seek chiropractic care?
- Postural problems (scoliosis, rounded shoulders, etc.)
- Neck or back pain
- Joint or muscular injuries (sprains, strains, bursitis, tendonitis, etc)
- Numbness or tingling
- Menstrual problems
- Repetitive infections (colds, sinusitis, flu, etc.)
- Stress or chronic fatigue
- Prevention, to stay healthy for many years to come!
Prevention : When to come in?
There are certain periods that make the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems more susceptible to stress. Here are our recommendations for when an adult should have a chiropractic examination:
- After a fall or other physical, chemical or emotional stresses
- When symptoms or discomforts appear
- Prevention follow-up once a month
The ABC Health Clinic difference
The chiropractors at ABC Health Clinic have a complete education permitting them to offer specific care for adults of all ages and all physical conditions. Various techniques and tools that are at the fine point of technology are at the service of our clientele. We offer adults a service of exercise prescription tailored to each patient, for corrective and stabilizing purposes, on top of classic chiropractic care. On site, our radiology service and our computer assisted physical evaluation allow us to emit a precise diagnosis for every patient and offer care that is safe, effective and specific for each of our patients.