The teenage years are a period of great changes: growth spurts, important hormonal changes, emotional stress, etc. Many of these factors make teenagers susceptible to putting their health through challenges. Chiropractic care is a precious ally for the passage into adulthood.
What stressors are often present with teenagers?
- Sports injuries
- Unhealthy postural habits (at school, in front of the computer or the television, etc.)
- Heavy school bags that aren’t well adjusted
- Physical inactivity
- Poor nutrition
- Emotional stress related to academic performance or social life
- Smoking, drug or alcohol consumption
Why do teenagers seek chiropractic care?
- Postural problems (scoliosis, rounded shoulders, etc.)
- Neck or back pain
- Joint or muscular injuries (sprains, strains, bursitis, tendonitis, etc)
- Growing pains
- Prevention – it’s the last chance to have a positive impact of the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems before they reach maturity!
Prevention : When to come in?
There are certain periods that make the nervous, muscular and skeletal systems more inclined to stress. Here are our recommendations for when to have a chiropractic examination:
- After a fall or other physical, chemical or emotional stresses
- During a growth spurt
- When symptoms or discomforts appear
- When a young woman’s period starts
- Preventive follow-up once a month
The ABC Health Clinic difference
The chiropractors at ABC Health Clinic have a complete education permitting them to offer care that is specific to teenagers. Various techniques and tools that are at the fine point of technology are at the service of our clientele. We offer teenagers a service of exercise prescription tailored to each patient, for corrective and stabilising purposes, on top of classic chiropractic care. Our young and dynamic team will put this young clientele at ease and create a relationship of confidence and trust.